Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Schnippers Quality Kitchen

On Sunday, we got an early start to get back down to NYC. After dropping off our bags at the hotel, we were in dire need of some nourishment. Or at least I was. If you haven't caught on, my fiance enjoys trying new foods and is always a great sport, but I often need a bit more than her, so my time between meals is often short.
Nice.

Schnippers turned out to be just the place. Extensive menu of filling food. Relatively cheap. Bright open atmosphere. All around good setup. We ordered the green chile cheese dog (with cheese, roasted pablanos and pico di gallo), the fish tacos (Grilled mahi, guacamole, pico di gallo, napa cabbage, crema, soft corn tortillas) and a sloppy joe, as well as some onion rings. Yes, I was hungry.


They were all excellent. The chile cheese dog had a crispy exterior, but super juicy inside, and the pablanos on it were key. The tacos tasted very fresh, and the pico was awesome. Very fresh, chunky, and lots of flavor. The sloppy joe definately fit it's name, and it also had a unique and somewhat spicy flavor, which I personally really liked. The onion rings were huge, and deep fried perfectly. I was super impressed by Schnippers, and didn't initially expect it to have such flavorful and fresh food. Thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment