Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Best.Wedding.Ever.

It's not everyday that I go to a wedding. Especially one in upstate NY. Especially one like this. Simply put, it was amazing. We had such a great time, from the train ride along the Hudson River, to the beautiful church tucked into the forested hills, to the impressive country estate where the reception was (and the food). We both felt lucky and privileged to be able to share this experience with our friends, and it was truely a perfect wedding.
Whoever had the idea to have such a wide range of superb appetizers available right away is very knowledgeable on the needs of wedding guests. To call them appetizers is really not accurate, as they were so much more. I didn't have my handy-dandy notebook with me, so I don't have the specifics, but they were of the highest quality, flavor and uniqueness that I have ever had. Plus, the servers just kept coming back to let us try new things, and it seems like they were making up new creations each round. Really amazing. Feel bad that I don't have more details (I know, real slip up for a food blogger), but it was sort of on the back burner.

That's what I'm talking about.
Dinner was amazing. Salad was a Garrison Farms mixed greens with cabernet vinaigrette and ciabatta crostini. The mid course was rock shrimp polentina with parmigiano reggiano. For the entree, we both chose filet mignon (absolutely perfect!) with red wine jus, seasoned Garrison Farms vegetables,  and parmesan risotto. A truely outstanding meal in so many ways. Dessert was a delicious slice of wedding cake, and coffee. Really, this was a foodie paradise.

Late night snack. You guys thought of everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment