Thursday, September 29, 2011

'Ol Mexico

Due to a really busy weekend, and no time to grocery shop, we decided to head over to Roseville to grab supper on sunday night at 'Ol Mexico. We have gone here quite a bit, and while there are other mexican restaurants that we like a lot more, there is a sentimental feeling going here, as it was one of the first places my fiance and I went to when we started dating.  
Complimentory chips and salsa
We have always ordered the steak and shrimp fajitas, which have generally been good, and there is a large amount served. It has never been one of those places that we talk about with our friends; more like a spot that we go when we just get that craving for fajitas.
However, since we want to be completely unbias, I would have to say that sunday's experience was less than positive. Service was slow, even though it wasn't busy, and on my order of fajitas, the shrimp were still cold. There were also broken chips on the floor next to our table the entire time, even though 3 different servers walked by 10+ times. Given that we have been to 'Ol Mexico many times, I would overlook some things since we enjoy the nostalgic feelings of going here. However, in order to be subjective and honest, if this was my first experience at 'Ol Mexico, I don't think I would go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment